Organize your walls with SteelTek.
Tools & Materials
SteelTek Supplies (3/4):
- (2) Single Swivel Sockets - (677-304HC)
- (2) Flange - (673-104HC)
- (4) Double Tab Offset Flanges - (679-804HC)
- (2) Adjustable Side Outlet - (674-804HC)
- (3) Hook - (678-204HC)
- (2) Swivel Base - (676-904HC)
- (1) 36" Non-Threaded Pipe
- (2) 29" Non-Threaded Pipe
- (2) 12" Non-Threaded Pipe
- (2) 11" Non-Threaded Pipe
- (1) Top Shelf: 44.75" wide x 11" deep x 1" thick
- (1) Bottom Shelf: 44.75" wide x 15.5" deep x 1" thick
- (12) Wood Screws - 3/4" long, screw head must be #12 or higher
- (1) Allen Wrench - 6 Millimeters
- (1) Drill - to predrill holes and secure SteelTek fittings
- For both shelves, measure 5.5” from each outside edge. Lightly mark with a pencil where this line is. This is the guideline indicating where the center of the holes will be drilled.
- For the back hole of the top and bottom shelves, measure 0.875” from the back of the shelf. Make sure to line this measurement up with where you marked in the previous step. This will be the center for where to drill the holes to slide the rear support pipes through.
- The bottom shelf needs a second set of holes drilled. Line up on the guideline mark you made at the beginning of this step, and measure 8.5” from the back of the shelf. This is the center of where to drill the second set of holes.
Remember, it's always better to measure twice and drill once.
- For each back hole you have drilled, slide a 29” length of pipe through.
- Add a Double Tab Flange under each shelf and secure with the Allen Wrench.
- These will help support the shelves.
Front Shelf Support
- For each front hole of the bottom shelf, slide a 12” length of pipe through.
- At the top of each pipe, place a Flange on it but do not secure it.
- Press the 12” pipe with the Flange against the stop shelf until it is level and all angles are squared. Mark with a pencil where to pre-drill the Flanges.
- Predrill where you have marked.
- Secure the Flanges in place with the Wood Screws.
- Slide the 12” pipe back through the bottom shelf front holes and into the Flange. Make sure the top shelf is level and all angles are flush before securing firmly.
- At the base of each 12” pipe attach an Adjustable Side Outlet and secure firmly with the Allen Wrench. This will help to support the bottom shelf.
Top Shelf Support
- For each 11” length of pipe, secure a Swivel Base fitting at the bottom, and a Single Swivel Socket at the top.
- Slide the open end of the Single Swivel Socket to the top of the 29” back support pipe and lightly secure with the Allen Wrench.
- Make adjustments to it so that it aligns with the pipe below before firmly securing the Single Swivel Socket. Screw in each Swivel Base. Repeat for the second half.
Hanging Rod Assembly
- Slide the 36” pipe through one of the Adjustable Side Outlets.
- Slide each of the Hooks onto the 36” pipe, then slide the pipe through the second Adjustable Side Outlet. Center the pipe under the shelf then secure it with the Allen Wrench.
- Place the hooks where you want them positioned, then secure them in place with the Allen Wrench.