Modern TV Stand for any bedroom or living room!
Tools & Materials
SteelTek Supplies (3/4"):
- (6) Single Socket Tee - (670-104HC)
- (4) Offset Flange - (679-904HC)
- (4) Double Tab Offset Flange - (679-804HC)
- (8) Flange - (673-104HC)
- (10) Side Outlet Tee - (671-604HC)
- (12) 12" Non-Threaded Pipe
- (8) 24" Non-Threaded Pipe
- (1) 32" Non-Threaded Pipe
- (2) 58" Non-Threaded Pipe
- (1) 60" x 14" Wood Pieces
- (1) 34" x 12" Wood Pieces
- (1) 58" x 12" Wood Piece
- (12) Wood Screws
- (1) Allen Wrench - 6 Millinmeters
- (1) Drill: for predrilling and securing SteelTek fittings to wood and wall
Top Shelf Support and Legs
- Start this project off by building the top base.
- Take two 12” pipes and slide two Offset Flanges on each pipe.
- Take the other two 12” pipes and slide two Double Tab Offset Flanges on each.
- Take two 58” pipes and slide two Side outlet Tees on each.
- Then place Side Outlet Elbow on each end of the 58“ pipes (Make sure the 58” pipe goes as far into the fittings as possible).
- Now connect the 58” pipes with the 12” pipes.
- The 12” pipes with the Doube Tab Offset Flange will connect in the middle with the Side Outlet Tees and the 12” pipes with the Offset Flanges will connect to the Side Outlet Elbows on the outsides. (See above picture)
Middle and Bottom Shelf Support
- Take your 32” pipe and attach a Side Outlet Tee to each end of that pipe leaving space for vertical pipes.
- On the open end of each Side Outlet Tee slide a 12” pipe into each. (Make sure not to block the vertical holes of the Side Outlet Tee).
- Attach a Single Socket Tee to each 12” pipes. (Make sure not to block the vertical holes to the Single socket Tees).
- Repeat this step two other times but use a 12” pipe for the back.
Attaching Middle and Bottom Shelf Supports
- First slide the longer shelf support up the four middle legs with the open end facing towards the front. Adjust height based on desired shelf height. then tighten set screws.
- Slide one of the smaller shelf supports up the four left legs and the remaining shelf support up the four right legs. Adjust height based on desired shelf height.
Finishing Legs and Shelves
- Attach Flanges to each leg and tighten set screws.
- Prepare wood sizes and any staining or polyurethane before installing.
- For easiest assembly, flip project over and place it on the top of the wood piece.
- Mark the Double Tab Offset Flange and the Offset Flange holes for pre-drilling (this will help ensure that the wood does not crack)
- Attach top shelf by drilling through Double Tab and Offset Flanges and into predrilled holes using wood screws.
- Slide the bottom and middle pieces into place. Since the top piece is secured with screws the bottom shelves will stay in plac without screws.