Lofted Bed Accessories
Get in your bed with the SteelTek Ladder and stay in it with the Rail!
Tools & Materials
SteelTek Supplies (3/4"):
- (10) Single Socket Tee - (670-104HC)
- (4) Elbow - (672-504HC)
- (4) Flange - (673-104HC)
- (2) Double Tab Offset Flange - (679-804HC)
- (2) 60" Non Threaded Pipe
- (2) 48" Non Threaded Pipe
- (2) 24" Non Threaded Pipe
- (4) 16" Non Threaded Pipe
- (12) Wood Screws
- Allen Wrench - 6 Millimeter
Building Ladder Rungs
- Take four 16” pipe and attach the bottom of a Single Socket Tee (670-104HC) to each side.
- Make sure the through holes are not being blocked then tighten set screws.
- Take two 60” pipes and cap the bottom off with a Flange (673-104HC) then tighten set screw.
- Slide the first rung built in stage one onto the 60” pipes. Measure 14” from the bottom then tighten set screws.
- Continue to measure 14” from each rung until all four rungs are installed.
Buildiong Laddder Continued
- Cap the top of both 60” pipes with an Elbow (672-504HC) then tighten set screws.
- Slide a 6” pipe into each open end of Elbow (672-504HC) then tighten set screws.
- Attach a Flange (673-104HC) to each open end of 6” pipe then tighten set screws.
- Attach Flanges (673-104HC) to the side of lofted bed using the appropriate screws for the substrate. In the instance we will use wood screws.
Building Rail Frame
- Take two 24” pipes and attach an elbow to the top of each.
- Attach both 24” pipes with Elbow (672-504HC) with a 48” pipe.
- Take a 48” pipe and attach the bottom of a Single Socket Tee (670-104HC) to both sides. Make sure the through hole is not blocked then tighten set screws.
- Slide 48” pipe with Single Socket Tee (670-104HC) onto two 24” pipes. Measure 18” then tighten set screws.
- Attach Double Tab Offset Flanges (679-804HC) to the bottom of 24” pipes.
- Line up rail to the loft bed and mark the flange screw holes..
- Detach the Double Tab Offset Flanges (679-804HC) from the structure, Install the flanges then reattach the structure.
For more information in on this build visit www.youcanman.com