Expertly Crafted Hangling Wall Shelf
Tools & Materials
SteelTek Supplies (3/4"):
- (4) Flange - (673-104HC)
- (4) Swivel Base - (676-904HC)
- (4) Double Tab Offset Flange - (679-804HC)
- (4) Single Swivel Socket - (677-304HC)
- (4) Eng Plug - (678-404HC)
- (8) 12" Non Threaded Pipe
- (32) Various Sized Wood Screws
- 18" x 60" Wood Shelf
- Allen Wrench - 6 Millimeter
- Start by assembling support as shown in above image.
- Take a 12” pipe and attach a Flange (673-104HC) to one end then tighten set screw.
- Slide the same 12” pipe through a Double Tab Offset Flange (679-804HC) and the horizontal hole of the Single Swivel Socket (677-304HC). Hammer End Plug (678-404HC) into the open end of 12” pipe. Center Double Tab Offset Flange (679-804HC) and have about 1” of the pipe showing through the Single Swivel Socket (677-304HC) then tighten set screws.
- Attach another 12” pipe into the bottom of the Single Swivel Socket (677-304HC) then tighten set screw.
- Slide a Swivel Base (676-904HC) into open end of 12” pipe, make sure the plate is vertical, then tighten set screw.
- Repeat this step 3 more times.
- Line up the support on the wall and install using wood screws.
- You may find it easier to line up the support, mark the flange holes, remove the flanges from the unit and install them separately.
- Repeat this step 3 more times and base your spacing measurements off the size of your wood.
Attaching the Shelf
- Once all of the supports are installed its time to attach the shelf.
- Place the wood piece on top of the supports, mark the screw holes and predrill the holes. Doing this ensures you will not crack the wood.
- Attached the shelf with wood screws by going up and through the screw holes in the Double Tab Offset Flanges (679-804HC).