Organize your garage with this Garage Shelf.
Tools & Materials
SteelTek Supplies (3/4"):
- (18) Single Socket Tee - (670-104HC)
- (4) Standard Railing Flange - (673-204HC)
- (4) Offset Flange - (679-904HC)
- (3) Double Tab Offset Flange - (679-804HC)
- (8) 24" Non-Threaded Pipe
- (5) 36" Non-Threaded Pipe
- (4) 72" Non-Threaded Pipe
- (4) 24" x 40" Wood Shelf
- (10) Wood Screws
- (1) Allen Wrench - 6 Millinmeters
- (1) Drill: for predrilling and securing SteelTek fittings to wood
- Take your 4 72” pipes and attach a Standard Railing Flange to the bottom of each pipe.
- Slide 3 Single Socket Tees onto each 72” pipe.
- Attach a Side outlet Elbow to the top of each 72” pipe.
Buidling Leg Connectors
- Take 6 24” pipes and slide a Single Socket Tee until centered then tighten set screws.
- Take 2 24” pipes and slide an Offset Flange until centered then tighten set screws.
- This Next Step will be easier if you lay the 72” pipes horizontally.
- Take your 24” pipes with the Single Socket Tee centered and go from the bottom up attaching each end of 24” pipe to Single Socket Tees attached to 72” pipe while tightening set screws.
- At the top attach the 24” pipes with the Offset Flanges centered on them and slide them into the Side Outlet Elbows then tighten set screws.
- Repeat the process for the other side.
Buidling Side Connectors
- Take 2 of your 36” pipe and slide an Offset Flange on until it is centered.
- Take 4 of your 36” pipe and slide Double Tab Offset Flange on until it is centered then tighten sets screws.
- With the sides still laying flat on the ground, attach the 36” pipe with the Offset Flanges to the top two Side outlet Elbows.
- Now, work your way down attaching each 36” pipe with the Double Tab Offset Flange and attach to each Single Socket Tee then tighten all set screws.
- Take your other side and match up all open ends of 36” pipe to open fittings along side and tighten set screws.
Attaching Wood Shelves
- Install your wood pieces with the Offset Flanges and Double Tab Offset Flanges.
- Go through the bottom holes of the Flanges and mark the wood with a pe or pencil.
- Pre-drill the holes and install wood pieces using wood screws.