Brighten up your home with a custom built SteelTek Lamp!
Tools & Materials
SteelTek Supplies (3/8"):
- (5) Black Elbow - (682-502HC)
- (2) Black Coupling - (684-902HC)
- (4) 4" Non Threaded Black Pipe - (582-040PE30HC)
- (1) 6" Non Threaded Black Pipe - (582-060PE30HC)
- (1) 12" Non Threaded Black Pipe - (582-120PE30HC)
- Portfolio Lamp Kit
- Lamp Shade
- Allen Wrench - 5 Millimeters
- Screw Driver
Feeding Electrical Cord Through Pipe & Fittings
- First, line up all the fittings and pipe next to each other based on how they will be assembled.
- The portfolio lamp kit comes with a several rubber stoppers and a threaded rod.
- There is a rubber stopper that fits perfectly into the 3/8" Coupling and this is what we will use for this build.
- Take the wire provided in the portfolio lamp kit and, in order, feed it through all the fittings, pipe, rubber stopper and threaded rod provided in portfolio lamp kit.
- See Stage 1 chart for image of path.
Installing Lamp Socket and Harp
- Place the threaded rod into the rubber stopper and place the rubber stopper into the coupling, making it flush to the end of the coupling.
- Secure rubber stopper with threaded rod by tightening the coupling set screw.
- Place your lamp harp on the top with the threaded rod going through the harp hole located on the bottom of the harp.
- Take the bottom of the socket off and install it into the threaded rod with the wires going through the threaded rod.
- This is the point you will want to install the wires into the socket per the instructions provided in the portfolio lamp kit.
- Lastly, install the lamp shade into the top of the harp.