Custom Boat Seat made with SteelTek
Tools & Materials
SteelTek Supplies (3/4"):
- (4) Black Double Tab Offset Flange - (689-804HC)
- (1) Black Four Socket Cross - (685-804HC)
- (5) 12" Black Non-Threaded Pipe - (584-120PE30HC)
- Nuts and Bolts
- Allen Wrench - 6 Millimeter
- Drill or Socket Wrench
Building Seat Base
- Take a Four Socket Cross (685-804HC) and attach a 12” pipe to each open vertical end then tighten set screws.
- Slide a Double Tab Offset Flange (689-804HC) onto each end of 12” pipe. Make sure the Double Tab Offset Flanges (689-804HC) are flush with the end of 12” pipe then tighten set screws.
Attaching Base and Vertical Seat Support
- Slide your 12” pipe, with the chair spring installed, and slide it into the vertical hole of 18” pipe then tighten set screw.
- Attach the Double Tab Offset Flanges (689-804HC) to the surface you plan to use and install using nuts and bolts for strength and durability.
- Install the boat seat into 12” pipe.
- This is a standard boat seat and the peg that came out the bottom of the chair fit the 3/4” pipe perfectly.